Incredible & Edible: Peaches Every Which Way!
Peachy Pork Picante
- Cut a 1 lb boneless pork loin into ¾ inch cubes.
- Combine 1 tbsp taco seasoning mix and 2 tbsp minced parsley.
- Coat pork cubes with seasoning mixture.
- Heat 2 tsp vegetable oil in heavy skillet over medium high heat.
- Add pork, cook, and stir to brown (about 3 to 5 minutes).
- Add 1 8 oz bottle of chunky style salsa and ¼ c peach preserves to pan.
- Lower heat, cook and simmer until tender (about 15 minutes).
Peach Sombrero Salad
- Drain 8 canned cling peach halves.
- Place varied salad greens on salad plates and arrange 2 peach halves, cut side up, on each plate.
- Heap cottage cheese in cone shape between peach halves for crown of "sombrero."
- Circle base of cottage cheese cone with bands cut from pimiento and green pepper.
- Serve with mayonnaise or French dressing.
Lazy Man's Peach Cobbler
- Melt ½ stick butter in medium Pyrex dish.
- In separate bowl, mix 1 c milk, 1 c sugar, and 1 c Bisquick.
- Pour batter over melted butter. DO NOT STIR!
- Spoon 1 can peach pie filling over batter.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until brown.
- Stir together in small saucepan 2 large fresh peaches diced (about 1 ½ c), ½ c peach jam, 1 tsp lime zest, 2 tsp fresh lime juice, and ½ tsp dried crushed red pepper.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring often, 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Instant Peach Fruit Crisps
- Slice peaches.
- Top with crumbled oatmeal cookies.
Grilled Peach and Prosciutto Appetizers
- Peel and quarter 4 firm ripe peaches.
- Wrap each peach quarter with a slice of prosciutto so that it goes around twice.
- Secure with toothpick.
- Grill until prosciutto has browned a bit.
- Cool slightly before eating.
- Combine 5 large sliced peaches, 4 c water, and 2 tbsp lemon juice in sauce pan.
- Simmer 15 minutes, and pour mixture in blender.
- Add ¼ c maple syrup and 1 tbsp arrowroot to blender mixture. Puree.
- Add 1 c white wine and ¼ c peach liqueur.
- Pour in ½ c whipping cream. Mix thoroughly. Chill one hour.
- Whip ½ c whipping cream and place dollop on top of each serving. Add a sprinkling of nutmeg if desired.
Fresh Peach Chutney
- Melt 1 tbsp butter in small skillet over medium heat. Add 1/3 c finely chopped sweet onion and sauté 2 to 3 minutes until tender.
- Add 1 ½ c chopped fresh peaches (about 2 large peaches), 3 tbsp light brown sugar, 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar, and ½ tsp Jamaican jerk seasoning.
- Cook, stirring often, 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Fizzy Sorbet Cocktail
- Place 6 martini or wine glasses in freezer for 30 minutes or until very cold.
- Fill chilled glasses with 5 or 6 mini scoops of peach sorbet.
- Top each glass with champagne.